Compliments of the season everyone, I hope everyone is enjoying the festive season.
Firstly, I’d like to thank all my readers for being on this blogging journey with me. For all the support I say
Una too much!
I’m sure we can all agree that 2016 was truly a memorable year. I am also sure there are things you’d love to do differently in the new year to make a whole better than this one.
I have put together a list of 17 things we all need to let go of in 2017 in order to live a healthier and happier life.
- Unhealthy eating: It’s always really tempting to go for a chocolate bar instead of a piece of fruit, and it’s very common to comfort eat, sweet, fried fatty food, because the truth of the matter is, it tastes good and most of the time its cheap! But we must remember our bodies do not run on empty calories from junk food sweets and energy drinks. The damage it does is more than how good it may taste! A burger once in a while doesn’t hurt, but make the conscious decision to have healthy choices of food most of the time. There are many articles and videos on this matter, so go explore!
- Lack of exercise : We need to understand that our bodies are so important and we need to take care of it. Speaking to our 9-5 men and women who are usually at their desks and take less than 10,000 steps a day. You need to make out time to exercise. 1 hour of exercise 3 times a week is not too much to ask, am I right? Again, there are so many videos on exercise routines online you can do in the comfort of your own home, you do not need to register for gym if you do not want to (I understand it can be expensive).
- Uncleanliness: In 2017 we need to make a conscious effort to take off our make up and take a shower before bed, brush our teeth at least twice a day, tidy our environments especially before we go to bed. A cluttered environment contributes to a cluttered mind
- Slander and Gossip: It takes up precious time, it dissolved units, causes all sorts of discord and unhappiness so why do it? Only average people talk about other people. Extraordinary people talk about ideas that betters the word. Be extraordinary!
- Spending money you don’t have: If you cannot pay for something eventually, don’t buy it, the less credit cards and loans you have the better.
- Stealing : If it’s not yours don’t take it!
- Lie telling (yes, even white lies): As I said, it causes all sorts of discord. Create peace, just tell the truth. And do what you need to do to avoid telling a lie in the first place.
- Bad friends: Be intentional with your friendships:
- Worry : Pray about it instead and do anything you can to have peace and move on. Worrying won’t change anything.
- Mediocrity don’t settle for less: In 2017, don’t settle for less. You are so much better than that!
- Social media first thing in the morning: This is something we are all guilty of. We have the urge to know what we must have missed on social media the night before, its aesthetically pleasing to scroll through your Instagram and Facebook feed for minutes on minutes seemingly without end. The problem is, this is the first thing on our minds, first thing in the morning. We are supposed to focus on our selves and God first thing in the morning to have a good, peaceful and healthy start. This is usually referred to as Devotion and “Me time”. Besides, you’re eating up precious dressing up time! With Social media, 5 minutes turns into 1 hour!
- Insensitivity: We need to be a lot more sensitive towards the people around us. Many people these days suffer from some sort of sadness, confusion and even depression. A simple “Hello, How are you?” and a smile could do wonders to someones day. We have the ability to help in more ways than we think. We do not need to have loads of money, or lots of material things to give. A listening ear, a warm smile and a helping hand goes a long way. Most people just need someone to have a conversation with. It’s really not that hard. And trust me, when you make someone else happy, it makes you happy.
- Procrastination: Nobody wants to wake up early in the morning 5 days a week, but it’s something we have to do. And that doesn’t mean we should wake up 30 minutes earlier just to scroll through social media and lazy in bed. Before you say “I’ll do it later” or “I’ll do it tomorrow”, be honest and ask yourself : “Can’t I just do this now and get it over with?”. Chances are, you totally can! Just Do it!
- Covetousness: Just because it looks good on somebody else, it doesn’t necessarily mean it’ll look good on you, or its even meant for you. Lets learn to be content with ourselves and what we have in 2017 and not wish for something we don’t have all the time. Chances are, when you get that thing you desire so much, you still won’t be as happy as you thought you would.
As you can see, numbers 9, 12 and 13 weren’t discussed. Anything you’d like to add? Let’s have a discussion on the comment section below and lets help each other get better in 2017.
I wish you all a very happy and prosperous new year in 2017!
Stay blessed and remember be yourself, everyone else is taken!
a.k.a Lady V Global